2018 | Interdisciplinary Rehabilitation Workshop
At the end of the workshop and discussion of cases, participants will be able to:
· Describe the epidemiology, pathophysiology and clinical presentation of the neurological events to be treated in the workshop.
· Review the background, objectives and structure of the international classification of functioning, disability and health - CIF.
· To analyze the health condition in a pediatric patient with spastic cerebral palsy and in an adult patient with acquired brain damage from a perspective of functioning and disability that allows an integral approach from the assessment processes and interdisciplinary management plan.
· Demonstrate the main guidelines for assessment and intervention from each of the disciplines of rehabilitation for the approach of a pediatric patient with spastic cerebral palsy and in an adult patient with acquired brain damage from a perspective of functioning and disability.
· Identify the importance of interdisciplinary teamwork to address integral rehabilitation and its implications for the individual's functionality and participation in the community.
Workshop participants will practice in pairs and with patients. The workshop will give participants a unique opportunity to observe and interact with teachers experienced in rehabilitation.